Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Nancy on Finding God's Will

From today’s Seeking Him Devotional

Nancy Leigh DeMoss: I have some close friends whose marriage is in serious trouble. Sometimes I feel like I just don’t know how to pray for them. Maybe you’ve been in the same situation.

I do know that God shows us His will in His Word. So if I pray according to what the Scripture says, I can know that I’m praying God’s will.

For example, I know from Ephesians 5 that it’s God’s will for this husband to love his wife in the same way Christ loves the church. So I can pray that this husband will learn to do that.

Read or Listen to the rest HERE.

Also, on the True Women Blog Paula Hendricks will be exploring what it means to live out statement #9 in the True Women Manifesto.

By His grace and in humble dependence on His power, we will . . . Seek to establish homes that manifest the love, grace, beauty, and order of God; that provide a climate conducive to nurturing life; and that extend Christian hospitality to those outside the walls of our homes.

Don’t miss out. It is sure to be enlightening and encouraging. Where do you fall short? I fall short in so many areas…the primary being hospitality. I’m a recluse and have to force myself out of my shell, but creating and maintaining order in my home comes in a close second.

Don’t you just love the line in the manifesto that says, “a climate conducive to nurturing life”. Tell me what you think that climate looks like. Ponder the word "nurturing". Isn't it beautiful! As I go about my day I'll be pondering it as well.

Follow along with the True Women Blog HERE. Paula will be exploring this topic all month.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin