Monday, June 22, 2009

About Thursday and Friday's Scripture Readings

Now, don’t look at the Scriptures listed for Thursday and Friday and think, “1 Kings and 2 Chronicles! You’re kidding! Boring!” I’m not. These books are not boring. They are not dull. Change your thinking. These books are informative. It is so neat to see how the two books fit together and parallel each other.

Because we are doing a chronological reading we will be reading God’s redemptive story right up to and through the birth, death and resurrection of Christ (and on) and we will be able to walk, so to speak, the path of HIStory that leads almost right to our very doorstep.

These books are not boring. They are part of God’s grand redemptive history that fits perfectly together to form HIS story and the story of you (if you are a Christian). Plus, I know that deep down you want to know how God worked in the life of King Solomon and how Solomon responded to God and how he built the temple. (Be sure to look for a picture of the temple and look up a picture of the Ark as well and then reflect on whether God was pleased to finally have a house.) And I know you will find much wisdom to savor in Proverbs (in fact reading through the book of Proverbs each month isn’t a bad thing to do as it is so rich and so much can be learned from it).

Savor God’s Word this week. I’ll be praying for you.

As soon as Hiram heard the words of Solomon, he rejoiced greatly and said, “Blessed be the LORD this day, who has given to David a wise son to be over this great people.” -1 Kings 5:7

1 comment:

Pumpkin's Momma said...

I've always enjoyed your thoughtful posts. I didn't know you'd moved because I've neglected my blog for so long!


Can you take a quick minute and go to my blog post and give me some tips on how to get back into blogging? I would appreciate it! The link is here.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/pumpkinsmomma/702837/


I did put a family picture up!
thanks
marie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin