Saturday, March 14, 2009

Pi Day

The time change is killing me. I hate that it is dark until after 7 in the morning. How depressing. I love the sunrise and having to wait until 8 am to see it is just the worst. Of course there was no sunrise this morning because it is still raining, but….

The last few mornings the birds (a dove and a songbird) outside my kitchen window have been serenading me during my quiet time. What a sweet blessing. I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned this but I love doves.

Here an interesting verse that I read in Numbers this morning, “Now the rabble that was among them had a strong craving (Numbers 11:4).”


It might seem an odd verse to you, but this verse made me want to frown in sympathy, laugh, cry, and beg God's forgiveness all at the same time. Do you know what God did to this rabble? Mmmhmmm...He gave them what they desired and then…

While the meat was yet between their teeth, before it was consumed, the anger of the LORD was kindled against the people, and the LORD struck down the people with a very great plague. Therefore the name of that place was called Kibroth-hattaavah, because there they buried the people who had the craving. –Numbers 11:33-34

Ouch!

Would that we all feared the LORD a little bit more.

Well, I’m about to color my hair…Ha! Vanity! Why can't I just go gray gracefully? I know some really beautiful gray haired ladies. (Do you think gray should be spelled "gray" or "grey"? I actually prefer "grey" because it reminds me of Susan Cooper's book The Grey King. I loved reading The Dark Is Rising series as a child.)

And then we are off to a costume birthday party this afternoon about which Aaron informed me, “I think I’m too old for costumes.”

Hmmm….

And a bit of interesting trivia - today is π day at 1:59 pm (only math geeks would have a certain time of day for Pi Day - gotta love it).

π = the 3.14 ratio (the circumference of a circle divided by its diameter)

Mourning Dove = Order: COLUMBIFORMES; Family: COLUMBIDAE


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin