Saturday, January 31, 2009

How can I not be moved by You!

This morning I was reading the story of the demon possessed man (Luke 8:26-39) and as I got to the end of the story I was struck by the last two verses.

The man from whom the demons had gone begged that he might be with him, but Jesus sent him away, saying, “Return to your home, and declare how much God has done for you.” And he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city how much Jesus had done for him (Luke 8:38-39).

Do you see? Did you hear?

Return home.

Declare how much God has done for you.


And he went away proclaiming…how much Jesus had done for him (v.39)

Do you? Proclaim how much God has done for you?

And he went away proclaiming throughout the whole city how much Jesus had done for him (Luke 8:39 b).

At other times after Jesus has finished telling a Parable He will tell the people, “You go, and do likewise (Luke 10:37)”.

How can we not be moved by Him?

Maybe we haven’t been set free from demons, but we have been forgiven much…shouldn’t we too be going “throughout the city” and telling everyone just how much Christ has done for us?

You calm the storms
And you give me rest
You hold me in your hands
You won't let me fall
You steal my heart
When you take my breath away
Would you take me in take me deeper now

And how can I stand here with you
And not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be
Any better than this
-from “Everything” by Lifehouse

Let the Word of Chirst dwell in you richly… -Colossians 3:16

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin