Friday, June 4, 2010

Gifts

On May 24th my oldest child turned 12. I can hardly believe it. Where did my smiling toddler go? Suddenly he is a lanky, serious middle-schooler with a heart for God and a desire to please everyone.

On the Friday before his birthday, he and father went to an Astros baseball game. They had seats in the rafters. Their seats were so high up that the day before when Mark took our fourth child, Bess, she couldn’t make it all the way to their seats and they had to stop half-way there.


On the night of Aaron's game, while he and his father were standing in line to get into the game, a young couple came up to them and gave them two $44 box seat tickets for free. Just because. What a precious gift. Aaron called me later (from the game) and told me, "Mom, we are in the rich section." Needless to say, they were both very excited. What a sweet gift.

Now, maybe you think that it was just luck, or that they were 'in the right place at the right time', or that the guy was just being nice - and he was and maybe he had no use for the tickets, I don’t know, although Mark claims that the guy looked like he was having an inner battle over whether to give them away - but for my son and husband it was a gift from God. Clearly from His hand. God using that young man for His purposes.

We see everything through God colored lenses and to us this had God written all over it. Practically the minute Aaron arrived home he said to me, “Mom, God gave me a birthday present." Which is exactly what I had been thinking only I hadn’t told them so yet.


Rejoice in the LORD, o you righteous, and give thanks to His holy name! -Psalm 97:12

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin