Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Name

Today Bess drew me one of her famous circle people pictures. Circle mom and circle Bess. Luckily we are always happy, smiling circle people. I take that as a sign that I’m doing something right.

On the opposite (outside) side of her picture (she likes to fold her pictures in half and turn them into “letters” or gifts) she wanted to write my name. She is just learning her letters so she needs a bit of help.

My initial unthinking response was to actually write my name, but somehow that seemed wrong.

A minute later I said, “Bess hand me the paper.”

To which Bess responded with her typical spunk, “No I want to write it myself.”

To which I responded, “I know. I’ll write it. Then you can copy it.”

So how did I spell my name?

M O M

I love that name.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin