Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Deep Thoughts

Bess: Why doesn’t God talk to us?

Mom: He does talk to us. Most of the time we just aren’t listening. Talk to Him and then listen for His response.

Later…

I guess she went off and prayed.

Bess: Mom, I talked to God. He still didn’t talk to me.

Mom: What did you say to Him?

Bess: I don’t want to tell you.

Mom: Okay...

A few minutes later…

Dad (after overhearing Bess saying, “I talked to God, but He didn’t talk to Me.”): What did you say to God?

Bess: I don’t want to tell you.

Dad: That’s okay. God talks to us in our hearts and through His Word – the Bible. Would you like me to pray with you?

Bess: Okay.

They pray. Mom (the narrator) cannot hear what is said.

A few minutes later. Dad has left the room.

Mom: Bess, what did Dad tell you about how God talks to us?

Bess: (After taking a moment to think the question over.) I can’t remember.

She runs off to play. End of conversation.

Bess turns four on the 28th of March.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin