Thursday, March 12, 2009

Of Rain and Other Things

The rain and cold moved in today. We’ve been suffering from a drought here in Houston so the rain is welcome. In fact, the weatherman just called the rain, “Manna from heaven.” I’m laughing a bit at that.

I’m in Numbers now (in my chronological read through the Bible) and loving every minute of it.

Here is my recipe for a “peaceful” Thursday – a day that for me has been anything but peaceful in the past due to school and Scouts: The key is start early (as in 7:00 a.m.), get everyone dressed for Scouts from the get go, do my chores, let the children work independently while I get myself ready, teach a little school and then let the Crockpot make dinner. Simple. Sometimes I’m amazed at how blind I am to the simple solutions in life. It only took me five months to figure this out!

Here is another simple solution: If you put aluminum foil on your cookie (and brownie) pans, they are much easier to clean up.

Curious as to what is cooking in my Crockpot?

Crockpot Chicken and Veggies: carrots, potatoes, onion, 4 boneless chicken breasts, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 11/2 cans of water, about 2 tsp oregano, ½ tsp paprika. Yum!

Mark just got home and has been sharing with me from John chapter 10. (He taught the parable of the Lost Sheep last Sunday.) I missed last Sunday so he has been filling me in. Every day he has asked if I have read Ezekiel 34: 1-16. I sheepishly have had to tell him I have not. Tonight he pulled out his Bible and read it to me. All I can say is, "Wow!" Go read it. After that he read John 10:7-10 to me. Wonderful good stuff - pull out your Bible and read all of John chapter 10 you will be blessed!

Have a wonderful evening.

Therefore Jesus said again, “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. All whoever came before Me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through Me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal, and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full.” -John 10:7-10

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin