Monday, December 13, 2010

A Monday Prayer for Peace

Father,
Forgive me.
Have mercy on me.
Grant me peace.
I am feeling (and acting) so impatient today
So short tempered
So stressed…
My brain is a mess. Jumble, jumble, jumble…grant clarity. Remove the clutter. Grant stability.
Aaron especially is driving me! He keeps talking…prayer and talking, grumbling, questioning children…Lord, forgive me. Help me to love. Increase my love. Fill…
Quiet my spirit.
Lord, I’m handing it all over to You. These things that are troubling me. You know them. Take these things off my back…even if there are no solutions…let there be peace. Quiet.
Fill.
Let your peace fill this place, this house, these hearts, these minds, these spirits…mine. Me!
Dearest Lord…hands up, palms open.
I love you.
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, He will teach you all these things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. Peace I leave you; My peace I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. -John 14:26-27

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin