Saturday, October 2, 2010

Titus 2 - An Interview with Michelle Duggar

It is not about us. It is about making Him known. Making Christ known. - Michelle Duggar

Amen!


Dear Ladies,


Single, married, mothers of none , mothers of one or two, mothers of many may I encourage you to listen to the following interview with Michelle Duggar. She is a godly, sweet, wise, and precious woman with lots of experience raising children…I guarantee that you will be blessed. Topics range from whether or not she and Jim Bob always wanted a large family to dealing with the difficult times in life.


#14 Ladies' Symposium: An Interview with Michelle Duggar

Michelle’s favorite exhortation for young mothers - Don’t grow weary in well doing. For in due season you will reap if you faint not. … You will rejoice in time to come if you faint not.

P.S. Many of you know that a few weeks ago our sweet baby #6 went to be with the Lord through miscarriage. Going through this process has been horrible and precious at the same time. We thank God for giving us the gift of this child - even for the brief 9 weeks that I carried him/her. God has been so present throughout it all. We mourn, but we rejoice. Blessed be the Name of the Lord. Thank you to all of you who lifted us up in prayer. Know that your prayers were felt and very appreciated. And to those of you who offered to bring us a meal - “God bless you!”.

If you have ever experienced the pain and sorrow of losing a child through miscarriage or later, Doug Phillips message “The Hopeful Theology of Miscarriage” is a beautiful, tough, and wonderful message that will both encourage and challenge you. It is a message that you will not hear from many pulpits, but it is one which should be proclaimed. There may be a few points in this message (like the age of accountability) with which you might disagree, but listen anyway. Plus, did I mention that this is a challenging message? As in it requires thought.

#31 The Hopeful Theology of Miscarriage

“Mom, I just wish I could have seen his face.” - Aaron, age 12

“God is good. God is so good. God is good, but He can stop a baby. But God is so good.” -sung by Bess, age 4, as she played with her dolls.

“Mom, you can still (we can still) have another baby right?” - Asked by all of the children.

“Mom, now we can have all those things that you (and Dad) told us that we would have to give up because of the new baby - vacations, new shoes, clothes, toys. …I still want a baby.” -Bess, age 4

God gives a good gift. -Doug Phillips
Life isn’t just about life it is about death. -Doug Phillips

Oh, Lord, thank you, thank you! for the nine weeks that you gave me. Those weeks were so precious. Thank you. I honestly thought that I would never have the joy of carrying a baby again. What a sweet, precious gift you gave me…I love you Lord. Thank you. I trust you God. Blessed be the name of the Lord. -danielle, age 42

The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. - Psalm 16:5-6

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm crying. SO sorry..... :(

-Donna

Anonymous said...

p.s. You still will be taking vacations with the addition of more children - they will just be at the annual Clyde Family Camp once we build our home, which will be FREE. :)

danielle said...

Looking forward to it. :) Love ya.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin