Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sweet, Sweet Lullaby



Okay, so I simply have to share a resource. It is Emile Pandolfi’s A Child’s Gift of Lullabyes. I’m sharing this because it is a gem (classical piano at its best) and I feel that it would be wrong to keep this wonderful music to myself any longer .

Did you see the picture above? That is Bess. She is four and rarely ever takes a nap. Guess what? This music put her to sleep. Amazing.

Even better - whenever I play the song Lullaby for Teddy Ben is asleep within ten minutes. Honest.

You can find the music here or here. If you want to download only one or two of the songs, Bess suggests Playing a Lullabye and Ben suggests Lullaby for Teddy. I’m not sure why these are their favorites, but I’m not arguing. They work. Lullaby for Teddy puts Ben to sleep every time. Honest.


Lullaby and good night,
The mother's delight,
Bright angels around
My darling shall stand;
They will guard thee from harms,
Thou shalt wake in my arms,
They will guard thee from harms,
Thou shalt wake in my arms.
-Brahms Lullaby/Lullaby And Good Night

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin